RECIPE: CRUNCHY ASIAN SALAD
RECIPE LEVEL: BEGINNER
TIME: 20 MINS
- 1 cup Carrots, cut up into thin strips (use a vegetable peeler for this!)
- 1 cup Snow Peas
- 1 cup Bean Sprouts
- 1 cup Red Radishes, sliced into thin, round pieces.
- 1 cup Spring Onions, mainly the white part, cut into thin slices lengthwise.
- For the Dressing: 1 tbsp. freshly minced Ginger, 2 tbsp. Light Soy Sauce, 1 tbsp. Fish Sauce, 1 tbsp. Toasted Sesame Seed Oil, 2 tbsp. Rice Wine Vinegar, 2 tbsp. Vegetable Oil (any neutral oil will do)
- Garnish (optional) - 2 tbsp. of Toasted Sesame Seeds.
The recipe for this is so incredibly simple, I won't even bother putting them into bullet points. There are three steps, once you have the veggies prepped as I've shown in the images above. Mix up all the ingredients for the dressing into a small bowl: it should look like the image on the left.
After that, just add all the chopped up veggies into a big bowl - this just makes more easier tossing once you add the dressing. Add in the dressing and toss lightly, just enough to coat all the vegetables in the dressing. The vegetables we've used are quite hardy, so you need not worry about bruising them, as you usually need to with salad green such as spinach or lettuce.
This was such an incredibly easy salad to put together. It is hearty, flavorful, and absolutely perfect for a light, summer's day lunch! And as I mentioned, the veggies we used are hearty enough that you can very easily take this for lunch to work. It's better if you carry the dressing separately in a small, airtight container, but even if you want to dress the salad beforehand, it should not get soggy at least for 3-4 hours! Now tell me that ain't awesome!
The portion size can vary between 2-4 given the quantities I used in this recipe, since you can either have it as a main dish (which is what my husband and I did today!) or you can use it as a starter salad or as a side for say, an Asian-style steak. Yum! However you choose to eat this salad, I guarantee this will become a staple in your summer weekly rotations this year!
Hope you enjoyed and please leave comments below - I would love your feedback! Also, don't forget to follow MrinHearts on Twitter for updates on new posts and 'like' our Facebook page, if you please!